Netflix display does look simple and easy to use. But we need a number of tricks in order to maximize the services provided.
Netflix displays its film collection simply. Unfortunately, they do not display in their entirety. Similarly, when searching for films. Impressed a little Netflix collection. Even though until now they already have tens of thousands of films and serial titles.
For convenience, it is recommended to access AllFlicks.net. Here we can search by ganre, year, show type and rating. After searching, click on the film. Then press Watch on Netflix to start watching.
If you want to get a recommendation, you can access WhatIsOnNetflix.com. Here we can see films based on IMDB, Rotten Tomatoes, Metacritics and Random Pick ratings.
Sorting movies in the My List section of the Netflix site is rather difficult. Luckily there is a free script called Netflix Queue Sorter that makes it easy. We just need to install it on Chrome, Firefox, Opera and Safari.
When it is installed, we can sort the list based on rating, genre, title and others. We can also shuffle the broadcast order.
When watching videos on Netflix, we can use a number of keyboard shortcuts for navigation.
- Enter or Space: for Pause and Play
- Left arrow: Rewind
- Right Arrow: Fast Forward
- Up Arrow: Volume Up
- Down Arrow: Volume Down
- M: Mute
- F11: Full Screen
- Ctrl + Alt + Shift + S: Change the bitrade and content delivery network (CDN).
- Ctrl + Alt + Shift + D: Displays bitrade information, framerate, buffering speed of the video being played.
- Ctrl + Alt + Shift + L: Displays adjustments that have been made. Additionally you can change the menu at the top right.
- Ctrl + Alt + Shift + click: Displays a menu with all options. But this shortcut doesn’t work on OS X.
If you are not comfortable with subtitles that by default are displayed Netflix. It is possible for users to customize.
How to change it is enough to access the Apperance Subtitles section. There we can choose the font, color and size as desired.